Thursday 9 May 2013

Fun and Joy

Hey. Beth here.

Spyre and the lot are.... not doing so well. Roman died yesterday, and it wasn't pretty. And Spyre blames herself for it. And I know she blames herself for her reaction. And... um... okay... She wants to talk.

It should have been easy. It really should have been. I mean, we weren't expecting it to be such a large den. And, it really wasn't. The few people that still feed me info among the Shadows always referred to it as a 'little outpost'. There were somewhere around fifty of them stationed there permanently. Roman and I were just retrieving something they took when they attacked us. Easy, simple. No killing really required. Just knock the bastards out, leave them with a few broken bones and a crapload of bruises and waltz out. 

That would have worked if there weren't Ravens there. They killed Roman. Cut an artery or something. Blood was everywhere. And then they ripped him to shreds. Limb by limb.

And... I lost it. I killed every single one of those bastards to avenge the guy that I hadn't even known a week. Funny, huh?
I torched the building. Surprisingly didn't show up in the news. 

What really scares me, though.... I don't care.
They all died because of me, by me, and I could not possibly care less.
What does that make me?

3 comments:

  1. ah shit...pet is dead? Its fine that you killed them then, and feel no remorse. But then again this is coming from a 'mentally unstable woman'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will I ever live that down?

      You gave Roman a send off to be proud of.

      And hey, not caring happens. It doesn't exactly make you a monster. Actions, not emotions, do that though one is fueled by the other. I won't say what you did was right. But it was understandable.

      Delete
    2. your not the only one to have said that, so I'm not exactly quoting you.

      Delete