Sunday 11 August 2013

Erin

I'm sitting on the couch with her now.  She's.... not quite what I expected.  Last I saw her, she was a little toddler just learning how to read.  Really smart kid.
She doesn't move much and I was bored, so I sketched her.  I think she liked that.

She's so serious.  She seemed to be pleased to see me, at least, which is more than I had hoped for. I almost thought she'd hate me, but the first thing she did when she saw me was run up and hug me, saying "Hiya mum" it was.... interesting, to say the least.  
Strider and I went ahead and brought weapons with us, just as a safety net.  We met up at their portal to the Dark and went in.  Darkness was standing there, a hand on Erin's shoulder, which was slowly turning blue from the cold.  She ran over instantly, and I held her, just watching.  There were Shadows and Ravens everywhere.  They had clearly prepared for the likelihood of a fight.

Darkness spoke up then. "We've completed our half of the deal.  You have the girl, now I want Strider."

I stayed quiet and just glanced at Strider, who stepped up to Darkness, laughing some "I don't do deals with Fears.  Thanks for the kid, but we're leaving now."

The look on Darkness' face would have been terrifying if I weren't used to it.  But Strider didn't even seem remotely phased as he turned and started walking back towards me, and the portal behind. That was around the point that the Ravens dived at him, and most of the Shadows pulled weapons of some sort. 
Strider pulled his two longest daggers, which I am willing to insist might as well be swords, and turned to face me.  I had started to pull Blitz off my back and was getting ready to fight, but I recognized the look on his face, and it pissed me off. "Oh hell no, I'm stayi-" I was cut off by him literally kicking Erin and I through the portal, which closed behind us.  I was pissed. 

I can't tell you how long I paced there before Erin started to complain.  I Pathed her home and made her something to eat.  We had a bit of a conversation before she settled down to read Lord of the Rings.  Apparently for the twentieth time.  God, I swear, she's only eight.

Anyhow, we're waiting for Strider to get back, as he no doubt will. 

1 comment:

  1. He'll be fine. Strider's a tough SOB, and he made his choice. Wouldn't have done that if he didn't have a plan.

    ReplyDelete