Friday 28 June 2013

Truth At Long, Long Last

And you all believed her, didn't you?  The kind and aloof Ashley.  Oh, she's so damnably sweet, isn't she?  And you all think you understand her, that she is your friend.

I will tell you one thing, and one alone.

Ashley has no friends.  She collects people and personalities and holds them close only so long as they are of use to her.  The very moment she loses interest in them, she drops them like burning embers.

You think to know her.

You do not.

You think to be cared for by her.

Your death would not affect her in the slightest, beyond the mask she wears to appear human.

She claims that I am the monster, the one with no moral standing.

While I freely admit that I care little for morality, I refuse to let her continue to propagandize against me.

I am not the fiend she has labled me as.  She claims that I have been given equal standing amongst the others, and even they believe it to be so.  Ask any of them when they last saw me, and the will spout the same tale they were told.  I am busy.  I cannot join them today.  I have paperwork.

The truth?
I have been imprisoned for damn near ten years.  This is the first time I have been free since the war.  I will not remain so.  Ashley will put me away again after politely apologizing for my insanity and claim that she has calmed me down.

I ask you, I beg of you, do I seem to be the monster that I am portrayed as?  Do I seem violent in any way?  I will not lie, I have little heisitation when it comes to harming others, but I am not the raving mad carnivorous beast I am mad out to be.

Trust me when I say that I am far from evil.  I am named as Chaos, but I am not.  No, a far more accurate name for myself is Bitterness.  For that is what I am.  I have been scorned, shunned, lied about.  I have been made into a creature that I am not.  And this is likely the reason I am as dangerous as I am. 

I will not lie. 

I would kill Ashley within a second had I the chance.


-Spark



8 comments:

  1. Spark.....you're the personification of pure chaos. What reason do I have believe you? As far as I know all you've caused is trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not what you think I am. Have you ever met me? Have you truly spoken to anyone other than Ashley who has so much as seen me? As far as you know, I'm a saint.

      -Spark

      Delete
    2. I am more then willing to come to Ark and have a little chat with you. But until I have the oppurtunity to I will trust Princess.

      Delete
    3. Provided that I have not been locked away once more, then that sounds excellent.

      -Spark

      Delete
  2. I don't know the full story behind all this, so I'm hedging.

    You have my sympathy at the very least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's simple. I was betrayed and locked away, and lied about.

      -Spark

      Delete
    2. That's one puzzle piece. Part of what I'm missing is motive. Why were you betrayed and locked away and lied about?

      Delete
    3. To put it simply, power. I was just as prominent as she, and she did not approve. And I was no longer needed. I was created for the sole purpose of company. She created new, less independent company, which made me obsolete.

      So, in culmination, I was dangerous to her goals, as well as useless.

      -Spark

      Delete